Self storage units allow people to have additional space at their home. However in the excitement of making their home more spacious, people tend to forget the significance of storing their belongings safely. Watches and clocks are delicately designed pieces of craftsmanship that are highly vulnerable to breakage. Here are some tips for storing clocks and watches –
- Clean the clocks and watches before storing them. This will keep them running even when they are not used for a long time.
- The best option is to store the watch in its original packing as it can best protect it from dust and dirt. If you do not have the original packing, secure the watches in a box that can be easily closed and that does not assert too much pressure on the watch.
- Remove batteries from electronic clocks and watches as they possess the risk of leaking, which can damage it.
- If you are planning to store mechanical clocks, remove the pendulum, keys and other screws and secure and label them properly so that when it comes to reassembling, you do not have to feel the heat.
- Make sure that you store the clock in a dry, clean and dust free place and not in a damp and dark place.
Keep these tips in mind and find the best Bronx storage facility to ensure the safety of your watches and clocks.